4) Prevent transmission: the genetic diagnosis allows to avoid transmission to the offspring, by means of prenatal or preimplantational diagnostics techniques.
Genetic counseling is a customized report containing advice to individuals and families about their genetic disease, the risk of being affected or carrier and the probability of transmitting it.
The report assessed the results of a genetic test, the patient's medical history and family data.
Prenatal Genetic Diagnosis is the use of genetic techniques to detect hereditary diseases in the fetus.
It is performed from samples of amniotic fluid or chorionic villus (placental tissue).
The purpose of Prenatal Genetic Diagnosis is to obtain important information to take the most advisable measures in order to avoid the transmission of the disease.
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis is a combination of assisted reproduction techniques and molecular diagnostic techniques.
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis allows to select healthy embryos obtained from carriers of genetic disorders.
• Personalized study of each case
• Delivery of clinical report according to gestational age
• Verification of the alterations detected in duplicated
• Verification using poblational controls
• Verification of maternal tissue contamination